How I pay for this

Thursday, February 4, 2010

BB-2 Another Bayou Brew


As I walked downstairs an began to heat up my breakfast of smoked Texas sausage and mustard (don't judge me), I noticed something out of place. It seems as though yesterday, in the brewing pandemonium that ensued here, I left out just enough yeast to brew one more mini-batch. The inherent problem was that there was no more honey.

It should be noted that if someone wants a good man to accomplish something post haste, it would do the aforementioned someone well to express doubt in the possibility of said action. It was at this point that I realized that A.) I had a whole jar of 100% pure cajun cane syrup left, and B.) I should try this as a complete substitute for honey.

My objective is to make a lightly-carbonated drink that tastes similarly to a cold, spiced tea with a shot of mild rum. I went with about twice the herbs, and I let the tea steep in the water for 2-3 minutes before adding the rest of the ingredients.

It should be noted at this time that when placing a tea bag in the water that is on top of the gas grill, you have two choices.

1. Cut the string.

2. Let it burn.


Unfortunately, I only had time to boil and strain. By this evening when I get home from work though, I should have everything caught up to the point of fermentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment