How I pay for this

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Introduction:

My name is Chris. I work in sales management, and I attend business school full-time as well. I came from what was left of a lesser-known German community about half-way between Houston and College Station, TX, and I am a 5th generation Texan.
I am not just a fan of home brew. When I am home and the school work is done, I tend to do almost anything with my hands as a means of meditation. I cook, I of course brew, and I collect and practice with a wide variety of weapons (I am especially fond of Glock pistols and throwing knives). In that, you could call me a typical, if not stereotypical Texan.
My love for brewing stems more from my love of learning than that of alcohol. As of this writing, I think I had a beer two months ago, but I am not sure. I have however, always been intrigued by how things come to be, whether it's how they get the graphite into pencils or how yeast consumes sugar, converting it to alcohol. Several years ago, after an injury at work left me at home with little to do, I became curious. Within two hours, I had already found a recipe for mead by Euell Gibbons (And there went my elusive "inner-hippie"), and was back from the grocery store and working on my first batch.
Mead is still my passion. I have made wines, a bock and even absinth but there is something about recreating the oldest alcoholic beverage known to man that never ceases to captivate me. I will be posting my future recipes/experiments here with pictures and final results. I should be updating roughly once a month, as I develop new blends and rack the old. Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment